AFFILIATE PROGRAM TERMS OF SERVICE.
1. Eligibility for the Affiliate Program
To participate in the Affiliate Program, you must have been invited by Twined Ivy through their internal registration process, or filled out your own registration form prompted by Twined Ivy. Twined Ivy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to accept or reject any application or partnership for membership in the Affiliate Program for any reason. Affiliates must be at least 18 years old in order to participate in the Affiliate Program.
Commissions earned on referrals become payable 30 days after the referred customer becomes a Qualified Referral. Your total commission amount must equal or exceed fifty US Dollars ($50) before receiving a payment from Twined Ivy. If your total commissions for a given month are less than $50, payment will be held until the total commissions equal or exceed $50.
If at any time a Customer files a credit card dispute, any earned Affiliate commission on the disputed charge shall become frozen in the your account until the dispute is settled. You will not receive any interest on commissions that have been frozen. If the dispute is settled in Twined Ivy’s favor, any associated earned Affiliate commission will become payable to you. If the dispute is settled in the Customer’s favor, any associated earned Affiliate commission shall not be paid to you. If commissions have already been paid out to you, the amount of earned commissions on the disputed charges shall be debited to your account.
Commission payments will be paid in US Dollars and may be made via electronic payment through Paypal. You are responsible for paying all applicable fees associated with accepting payments, including but not limited to, currency conversion fees, transaction fees, withdrawal fees, deposit fees, and check cashing fees. Commissions are paid out on the first Friday of each month.
In order to receive payments for earned commissions, you must provide Twined Ivy a completed Form W-8 or Form W-9, as instructed by Twined Ivy. You will be deemed to have permanently waived all rights to Commissions that were earned more than 120 days before submitting a completed Form W-8 or Form W-9 to Twined Ivy. You are responsible for any and all tax liabilities, including, without limitation, income tax liabilities, that arise from or in any way relate to any commissions paid out to you by Twined Ivy.
You shall bear your own costs and expenses related to marketing and promoting Twined Ivy and/or the Affiliate Program. Teachable is not obligated to reimburse or credit you for any marketing expenses.
You may not engage in any of the following marketing activities and represent and warrant that your marketing practices do not violate any of these restrictions:
- Affiliates shall not create websites or advertisements that copy, imitate, or resemble the look and feel of Twined Ivy’s Services. Affiliates shall not copy Twined Ivy’s website or any portions thereof, including, without limitation, any of Twined Ivy’s trademarks or other intellectual property, and display them on their own site or subdomain or use them in any way without Twined Ivy prior express written consent.
- Affiliates shall not offer cash back, coupons, rewards or other incentives as part of their marketing efforts for the Affiliate Program.
- Affiliates shall not use traffic that is generated by, including, but not limited to, pay to click, pay to read, banner exchanges, click exchanges, cost-per-view advertising, pop-up/under, spam, purchased traffic, or similar methods without prior written consent from Twined Ivy.
- Affiliates shall not use cookie stuffing techniques that set the tracking cookie without the potential customer actually clicking on the Affiliate’s referral link.
- Affiliates are responsible for ensuring their tracking codes are working properly before sending traffic to Twined Ivy’s servers. Any modification to the links is the sole responsibility of the Affiliate. Referral fees may be withheld, as determined in Teachable’s sole discretion, for tracking errors caused by editing, masking, redirecting or tampering with affiliate links.
- Affiliates shall not bid on or use Twined Ivy’s trademarks or misspelled keywords for the purpose of pay-per-click on internet search engines without prior written consent from Twined Ivy.
- Affiliates shall not use Twined Ivy’s trademarks or misspelled keywords in their domain names.
- Affiliates shall not use redirected pages and links to send a potential customer to Twined Ivy’s website.
- Affiliates shall not engage in domain forwarding (i.e. purchasing a domain and setting it to forward directly to Twined Ivy’s website using an affiliate link).
- Affiliates shall not engage in the advertisement of business-opportunity websites or use marketing practices that attract fraudulent or short-term customers.
- Affiliates shall not engage in any marketing activity that may harm the reputation or credibility of Twined Ivy, including using low-quality marketing materials, or advertising on any website that promotes violence, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or any illegal activities, or violates the intellectual property or other rights of a third party.
- Affiliates shall not send any email in violation of the federal CAN-SPAM statute, 15 U.S.C. 1571, et seq.
- Affiliates must include a physical mailing address and unsubscribe information for any marketing email sent promoting Twined Ivy’s Services.
- Affiliates shall make clear that they, not Twined Ivy, are the sender of all marketing communications related to the promotion of Twined Ivy’s Services.
- Affiliates shall not engage in any marketing or promotional activities that violate applicable laws, rules, or regulations.
- Affiliates shall not market using facsimile, broadcast, telemarketing, text message marketing, or other offline marketing methods regarding Twined Ivy or Twined Ivy’s Services without the express written consent of Twined Ivy.
- Affiliates shall not use malware or spyware to market or promote Twined Ivy Services.
You may terminate your participation in the Affiliate Program at any time. For accounting purposes, Twined Ivy’s systems will retain Your account and personal information. By terminating your participation in the Affiliate Program, you waive your right to be paid any unpaid commissions below the minimum threshold and you assign (by way of future assignment) all of your rights and ownership of any commissions which we are holding to your account. You will not receive any commissions which are earned after the date of termination.
5. Relationship between you and Twined Ivy
Neither these Terms of Service nor your participation in the Affiliate Program creates any employment, independent contractor, agency, partnership, or joint venture relationship between you and Twined Ivy.
During the term of these Terms of Service and for one (1) year after it has expired or been terminated, You agree that You will not disparage Twined Ivy, its officers, directors, or employees or otherwise take any action that could reasonably be expected to adversely affect Twined Ivy’s reputation. Under these Terms of Service, “disparage” includes, but is not limited to, any negative statement, whether written or oral, about Twined Ivy, its officers, directors, or employees. You agree and acknowledge that this provision is a material term of the Terms of Service, the absence of which would have resulted in Twined Ivy refusing to enter into this agreement.
7. Release and Authorization to Use Photographs
You grant Twined Ivy permission to use any and all photographs taken by Twined Ivy or its agents or employees, or submitted by You to Twined Ivy (hereinafter “Photographs”) in any media (including, but not limited to, print, internet, film, television and no matter how distributed or published) for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising, promoting, and marketing of Twined Ivy or any product or service sold and marketed by Twined Ivy. You agree that this authorization to use Photographs may be assigned by Twined Ivy to any other party, may be combined with other Photographs, sounds, text and graphics, and may be manipulated, cropped, altered or modified in Twined Ivy’s sole discretion. You agree not to make any monetary assessment against Twined Ivy in exchange for the release under this section. You hereby release and forever discharge Twined Ivy from any and all liability and from any damages. You further acknowledge and agree that this release is binding upon Your heirs and assigns and that the release is irrevocable.
8. Assumption of Risk
You are solely responsible for ensuring that your participation in the Affiliate Program complies with applicable law and does not violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights. You assume all liability for any claims, suits or grievances filed against you, including, but not limited to, all damages related to participation in the Affiliate Program.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, TWINED IVY, ITS PRESENT AND FUTURE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, AND ANY THIRD PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS TO THE SITES, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, TEACHABLE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, TWINED IVY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED OR FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, TWINED IVY’S SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF COMMISSIONS YOU EARNED OVER THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE CLAIM(S), UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Twined Ivy, its present and future officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third party information providers to the Sites from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms of Service by you or arising from or related to your use or misuse of the Affiliate Program.
10. Third Party Rights
The sections titled Limitation of Liability and Indemnification are solely for the benefit of Twined Ivy and its present and future officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third-party providers to the Sites. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on their own behalf. Except as set forth herein, nothing express or implied in these Terms of Service is intended or implied to confer, and nothing herein shall confer, any rights, remedies, liabilities, or obligations whatsoever upon any person or entity. You may not assign your rights under these Terms of Service without Twined Ivy’s prior written consent.
11. Unlawful Activity; Termination of Access
Twined Ivy reserves the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of these Terms of Service and to take any action it deems appropriate, including but not limited to, reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties, and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities. Twined Ivy may discontinue your participation in the Affiliate Program at any time for any reason or no reason.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone participating in the Affiliate Program. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS TEACHABLE AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR AS A RESULT OF, ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
12. Remedies for Violations
Twined Ivy reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Terms of Service.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction; Disputes and Arbitration
Any dispute, controversy, proceeding, or claim arising out of or in connection with or relating to these Terms of Service, any of Twined Ivy’s policies, or the Affiliate Program, in each case, whether in contract, tort, common or statutory law, equity or otherwise (collectively, a “Dispute”) shall be resolved by binding confidential arbitration by JAMS pursuant to its Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures then in effect for JAMS, except as provided herein. The arbitration will be conducted in New York County, New York, unless you and Teachable agree otherwise. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing in this section shall be deemed as preventing Teachable from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts as necessary to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, dilution, or violation of our data security, intellectual property rights, or other proprietary rights.
YOU AND TWINED IVY EACH AGREE TO WAIVE ITS RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY AND THAT ANY PROCEEDINGS TO RESOLVE OR LITIGATE ANY DISPUTE ARISING HEREUNDER WILL BE CONDUCTED SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD AS A CLASS ACTION, A REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, A COLLECTIVE ACTION, A PRIVATE ATTORNEY-GENERAL ACTION, OR IN ANY PROCEEDING IN WHICH YOU ACT OR PROPOSE TO ACT IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT NO PROCEEDING WILL BE JOINED, CONSOLIDATED, OR COMBINED WITH ANOTHER PROCEEDING WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF TEACHABLE AND ALL PARTIES TO ANY SUCH PROCEEDING.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE SITES MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
14. Entire Agreement; Severability of Provisions; No Waiver
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement with respect to participation in the Affiliate Program. If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable by a court of law exercising proper jurisdiction, that provision shall be deemed severed from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability. No waiver of any provision hereof shall be valid unless in writing signed by the parties. Any failure to enforce any right or remedy hereunder shall not operate as a waiver of the right to enforce such right or remedy in the future or of any other right or remedy.
15. Changes to the Terms of Service
Twined Ivy may review and update these Terms of Service at any time in our sole discretion and it is your responsibility to keep abreast of those changes. All changes are effective immediately when posted. Your continued participation in the Affiliate Program following the posting of revised Terms of Service means that you accept and agree to the changes which are binding on you, so please check this webpage periodically for updates.
16. Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns regarding these Terms of Service or the Affiliate Program, you may contact us at:
Twined Ivy LLC
PO BOX 6464, South Bend, IN 46660